My philosophy :
Education * Motivation * Dedication * Inspiration
***(e-runners get a free basic “running form” analysis as I feel it is necessary to see you run to give you optimal coaching).
My coaching philosophy brings a love of running and a lot of education and knowledge to your running plate. I have the education and experience to help you become a better runner and teach you along the way!
- B.S. Exercise and Sports Science
- Minor in Coaching (20 credit hours +internship)
- Minor in Nutrition (22 credit hours + graduate course wk in Sports Nutrition)
- M.S. Physical Therapy (licensed in the state of CA) Experience with hands on injury treatment with marathon runners at Stanford University
- Extensive in person coaching experience (high school, club level, and internship with experienced coaches)
- +25 yrs. experience running including HS cross country, track and as a Division I track heptathlete, average mid pack road racer
- Extensive education and experience in running form and running gait analysis
- Specialize in the pregnant runner (member of Women’s Health PT special interest group and pre-natal/post-natal training from my personal training certification) and running for kids (pediatric PT).
I love runners and running quotes (as you can see by my sidebar). I also started a #womensrunning chat on twitter because I love to motivate and share in the successes of other runners. I will motivate you on days you don’t feel like running and help you stay confident with your choices, in the days when you can’t run.
I chose to educate myself in coaching back in college because I have always planned to give back what I learned. I’ve been running for +25 yrs. years including HS cross country, track and as a Division I track heptathlete, average mid pack road racer. My coaching in-person shows my dedication to the sport and enhances my e-coaching.
As an athlete and coach, I understand the needs of both the competitive and everyday athlete. I know what its like to run for the challenge of just being better than the day before. I started out at the back of the pack in high school cross country (walking at times) before I figured out I was just a middle of the pack distance runner. I also lead my team to a state track title and am a former state champion, so I know all about teamwork and accomplishing goals. I hope to inspire you and help you achieve your goals!
I will give you an in-depth sound and scientific explanation of why I am charting the workouts for you. In addition, I can offer advice and exercise programs to reduce your chances of injury or consult/refer you to another professional when needed. (I know my strengths and limitations and don’t pretend to know it all but have great connections).
I believe your running plan should be tailored to your own unique needs.
- Unique benefits all offered HERE! : Unique training plan, Video gait analysis by a Physical Therapist, Personal Exercise Plan (I am a certified personal trainer), Basic nutrition analysis (I can offer this per State of CA-if you need a plan related to health issues and I will refer you to my awesome connections!), Pre-race sport performance enhancement (Husband has M.A. Sports Psychology).
I adjust your plan at least weekly (daily for pregnant runners) and am available daily as needed. We can meet over Skype org-chat (for discussion on where you might have a developing injury, running form drills, demonstration for specific exercises and anything else that you might need).
I am able to coach via:
- SKYPE: (total.running.performance)
- Google docs
Check out my reasonable rates for the quality of coaching and education you will receive. Get started on a training plan today and get to the finish line confidently.